[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] Multiple inclusion guards in headers

Diego Biurrun diego
Sun Aug 17 22:52:13 CEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 10:22:08PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 10:06:09PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> > > it is not rubbish, it is the hisorically correct version.
> >
> > Nothing is gained by preserving a history of
> >
> > r1: fix typo
> > r2: forgot ;
> > r3: compile fix
> > r4: real compile fix
> > r5: this time, real real compile fix
>
> I never commited such trash
>
> > By the same token, some history *may* be worth preserving, but things
> > like
> >
> > #if 1 --> #if TEST
> >
> > are just clutter and add no value at all.  It's better to commit the
> > correct version right away.
>
> i like commits cleanly split

Very well, but my point still stands.  It's not worth documenting every
little mistake in the subversion history.  I never said that all
revisions of pca.[ch] you committed are worthless, but some are just
useless clutter that should better have been merged into the initial
revision.

> > > Here with pca.c/h i posted the files and after ramiro the next days said he
> > > could use them, i commited and then cleaned them up. Where where you all
> > > the time, you did not consider reviewing the patches it seems, but are
> > > rather quick at adding meaningless single word replies to commits of
> > > patches that HAD been posted previously.
> >
> > Yes, I missed that it seems.  I'm plenty busy with other things already,
> > helping SoC students among other things.
> >
> > It's not like I have done anything that would warrant you throwing around
> > sarcasm in commit messages.  Which is extremely annoying because commit
> > messages are an important part of the project history.
>
> When i commit something that
> 1. has been posted previously and received no comments
> 2. clearly in its commit message says that ill clean it up immedeatly
>
> i really do not see why you and mans have to jump in with attacks about
> every little thing.

I complained about exactly one thing: wrong license headers.  This you
did not clean up.  Nor did you seem to have noticed the problem, so my
comment was not redundant at all.

If you disliked that I just said *sigh* instead of repeating the same
things all over again, well...  you're guilty or running out of patience
yourself sometimes.  I just got annoyed at what I considered another
blatant disregard for project rules you consider unimportant.

In any case, I do not think you going over the top like this was
warranted.

Diego