[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] Should Michael Nidermayer follow his own rules

Reimar Doeffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Mon Aug 18 08:39:19 CEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 06:34:33PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Something I'd like clarified, is whether Michael Nidermayer should
> follow the same rules he sets for others.

Of course, but I think most of us have been a bit too quick at some time,
and given the number of patches he applies IMO something like that can
happen easily enough.
IMO please complain in response to the "problematic" commit, "standalone"
such discussion IMO can not lead anywhere, since we will end up all
discussing different things...

> - Never touch files maintained by others without posting a patch first.

Is that actually 100% followed? There are some obvious changes (like forgotten const)
where this seems overkill, also at least I sometimes forget to check maintainers and
am a bit surprised (to be honest, in some cases I forgot I wrote the code...)

Greetings,
Reimar Doeffinger