[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] License header consistency

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik
Mon Aug 18 16:55:10 CEST 2008

On Monday, 18 August 2008 at 16:37, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 04:33:58PM +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > [...]
> > >
> > > I think a better, and easier to maintain approch would be to grep for
> > > the problematic parts in head -n 123 file
> > > that is "this library" "<non existent version>" "<old address>"
> >
> > Whitelist approach is better in this case IMHO, i.e. grep for
> > "part of FFmpeg" "GPL version 2|LGPL version 2.1" "current address"
> > and fail if no match.
>
> that approch fails for:
> BSD license
> MIT license
> public domain
> mixtures of "part of FFmpeg" and "this library"

I only gave an example for GPL/LGPL. This can be easily extended
to include relevant parts from BSD/MIT/what have you.

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer http://mplayerhq.hu | Livna http://rpm.livna.org