[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] License header consistency

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Aug 19 02:34:32 CEST 2008

"
 You repeatedly committed no license headers or wrong license headers.

 We have had this whole discussion about license headers multiple times
 and I have reiterated my arguments multiple times.
"

Sounded to me like some boss or parent scolding

> > > So you are taking this vote seriously?  I just heard you say:
> > >
> > >   And this is a argument i agree with, a non existing license version
> > >   is bad and should be replaced
> > >
> > > So what is your vote exactly?
> >
> > my vote is NO, any VALID license that is compatible with the LGPL 2.1
> > can be used.
> > There is no need to use "ffmpeg" instead of "this library" or to use a
> > specific address of the FSF nor is anyone forced to pick LGPL 2.1
>
> You want to be able to pick any version of the LGPL?

no
I do not want to have to spend time making the license binary identical
to the currently accepted one.
Ill surely keep an eye on lesser 2.0 and library 2.1

> > This vote is NOT about invalid licenses.
> > At the time at which i started the vote i was not aware of my mistake of
> > commiting a licene header refereing to a non existing license. And had i
> > been aware i would not have started the vote.
>
> You are now aware of it, why do you continue?

i voted just once :)
After that we seem to have been rather successfull in getting the other to
write yet another reply.

Breaking DRM is a little like attempting to break through a door even
though the window is wide open and the only thing in the house is a bunch
of things you dont want and which you would get tomorrow for free anyway