[FFmpeg-devel] m1v support in ffmpeg libavformat/mov.c

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Aug 21 02:03:30 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 11:04:56AM +0200, Reimar Doeffinger wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 04:56:06PM -0700, Gordon McCreight wrote:
> > I have an example file, and have made some changes to the
> > libavformat/mov.c source to allow for the processing of the file.  The
> > file now processes, however, the stream codec framerate differs
> > significantly from the container framerate, so the output video
> > appears very short.
>
> Which frame rate is the right one? The container or the stream one?
> So far the policy is to assume that the container is always right
> (though I do not know if it alway followed properly) -

> for the other case it is still possible to just dump the raw video
> stream and remux it again or some such.

its even easier -f mpegvideo -i file.mov

besides what is the output of ffmpeg with that patch and that file
with -v 9
(that would contain information like the framerates and such)

Asymptotically faster algorithms should always be preferred if you have
asymptotical amounts of data