[FFmpeg-devel] AAC decoder round 9

madshi dear
Thu Aug 21 10:54:07 CEST 2008

Robert Swain schrieb:
 > There may be some areas where we don't conform
 > because the specification has a significantly poor design
 > decision that we feel we wish to override

So that means you hope to improve decoding quality
over other decoders?

 > There is work going on to allow various audio sample
 > formats. AAC decodes to float as AC3, etc. but only
 > supports s16le output at the moment. It would be
 > easy enough to add 32-bit float output though I suppose.

The MLP and MPEG audio decoders support (or at least
used to support) the following switch to enable native
bit depth/format output:

#define CONFIG_AUDIO_NONSHORT 1

Maybe you could add support for that, too? That would
be very welcome (by me, at least).

Thanks much!

Regards, madshi.