[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] avcodec_check_constraints() implementation

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Fri Aug 22 23:49:07 CEST 2008

Hi all,

this is more an RFC than a patch, since I didn't test it accurately,
and also I'm not sure about the best interface to adopt, so I'm
posting it here only to check for the interest in this feature before
to spend more time for refining it.

This function (to eventually integrate in avcodec_open() as in the
patch) should help both factorize some code common to different codecs
and improve the feedback to the user when the parameters set are not
valid, telling explicitely which are the valid ones if they're known.

Let me know if you're interested.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Foolish and Friendly Minimal Picky Extreme God