[FFmpeg-devel] Realmedia patch

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Sat Aug 23 01:12:32 CEST 2008

Luca Abeni wrote:
[...]
> As a side note, the stream works well with ffplay, but ffmpeg
> crashes with a floating point exception... But maybe this is an
> unrelated problem.

This is not an unrelated problem: it is due to the fact that
the AVStream time_base is set to {1, 0}, which does not make
too much sense.
This happens because the rtsp demuxer is creating an AVStream
with an audio codec in it (at least, it has
codec_type == CODEC_TYPE_AUDIO) and then is calling
rtp_parse_open(), which ends up doing
	av_set_pts_info(st, 32, 1, st->codec->sample_rate);

So, rtp_parse_open() should be modified for supporting RM
streams, or it should not be called.

I am not sure what the correct time_base should be, but the
RM demuxer does
	av_set_pts_info(st, 64, 1, 1000);
so I suppose we should be doing something similar...

			Luca