[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Applying trivial things vs. sending patches.

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Aug 30 02:46:53 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 02:29:33AM +0200, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > As the question of applying trivial things (typos, trivial optimizations,
> > simplifications, ...) occasionally causes fights and flames i propose here
> > the heal all ill solution ;)
> >
> > What about,
> > Everyone who is ok with or is especially not ok with some things being
> > directly commited to his code, should say so clearly in the MAINTAINERS
> > file.
>
> Before resorting to this, is there anyone against trivial commit without
> patch submission in code he maintains ?

> (note that I'm not sure whether your latest dca.c commit can really be
> considered trivial or not, I would say it is borderline)

hmm, i considered it trivial, or rather i considered it
uncontroversal, i mean less code, faster code, less memory ...; who would
object to that?

> Anyway, I think that if anyone refuse direct commit on his code, he could
> specify it in MAINTAINERS. In case nothing is specified, it can be
> assumed it's safe to commit trivial things directly.

I also think this would be best

I know you won't believe me, but the highest form of Human Excellence is
to question oneself and others. -- Socrates