[FFmpeg-devel] DVCPRO HD: request for review

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sat Aug 30 23:04:43 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 01:20:43PM -0700, Roman V. Shaposhnik wrote:
> > yes, 1% overall speed absolutely is more important than 4 or 5 extra
> > lines of C code.
>
> I see. Well, that is definitely not how I would approach it, but I'm
> here only for as long as we need to integrate the DVCPRO HD patch so
> I'll try to do my best.

Since you said you were interested to hear other developer's opinions:
I do not see it as extreme as Michael, and there are a few cases where
I do not really care about the speed (and in case of DES Michael was
ready to accept a patch that probably is more than 1% from optimal
speed).
But on the other hand, most of the time such places in code can often
be much improved, sometimes in both speed and simplicity with some
effort, so despite the pain I quite often end up quite happy about Michael's
insistence in the end.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger