[FFmpeg-devel] Realmedia patch

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Sun Aug 31 22:59:58 CEST 2008

Hi Luca,

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 3:37 PM, Luca Abeni <lucabe72 at email.it> wrote:
> Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Ronald S. Bultje <rsbultje at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> - one that implements RDT-specific packet handling (rtsp.c -> rdt.c)
>>> At that point, ffplay should be able to play Realmedia/RTSP streams.
>>
>> And here's #2. With the previous patches applied, I can play RTSP streams.
>
> Ok, good. Can you check if there are previous patches which still need
> feedback?

In my tree, I have (right now):
rtsp-describe.patch - already OK'ed by you, waiting for the 2-3 day term
rtsp-setup.patch - that was a few days ago, you wanted me to change
the %d-%d port to %d for RDT/UDP, and I have to check and make sure
RTCP is disabled, so this is work-in-progress
rtsp-remove-pauseplay-else.patch - already OK'ed by Michael
rtsp-dynamic_rdt_handler.patch - you just replied to this, will
probably be OK in a bit
rtsp-subscription.patch - you just replied to this, work-in-progress
rtsp-data_parsing.patch - this patch, seems like it's mostly OK

These make RDT work, the remainder is:
rmdec-handle-old-mdpr.patch - bugfix for the single-stream OpaqueData
(I don't think we'll need an error for that, it's a really small
change)
rtsp-discarddata.patch - bugfix, OK'ed by Michael
rtsp-asmrulebook.patch - no comment yet
rtsp-multistream.patch - haven't finished this yet (this is the one
where I change the prototype of parse_sdp_a_line()), not submitted yet

>> +static void
>> +finalize_packet(RTPDemuxContext *s, AVPacket *pkt, uint32_t ts)
>> +{
>> +    pkt->pts = ts;
>> +    pkt->stream_index = s->st->index;
>> +}
>
> Why this separate function? It looks useless.

I'll remove it, it's a leftover from trying to quickly rip out the
relevant code from rtp.c. I moved it to rdt_parse_packet(), all the
way at the bottom (the stream_index was already set there, I added a
line for the pts).

Thanks for your help!
Ronald