[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] better ogg seeking, keyframes only

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Mon Dec 1 10:42:42 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 10:17:20AM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> For me this perfectly fixes seeking for
> http://mirror.bigbuckbunny.de/peach/bigbuckbunny_movies/big_buck_bunny_1080p_stereo.ogg ,
> at least when using "mplayer -demuxer lavf -vc fftheora" (it is very
> slow though).

Except for one part of the file near the end it also fixes seeking with
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/ogg/bgc.sub.dub.ogm (maybe a frame
was incorrectly marked as keyframe by the muxer?),
and http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/ogg/basicinstinct.ogm seems to work just
fine, too.
Those are not using theora though...
Of the files in http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/ogg/Theora/
only http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/ogg/Theora/theora-a4_v6-k250-s0_2.ogg
plays at all, and indeed it does not work there.
On the other hand, e.g.
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/V-codecs/Theora/WobblyWindowsIntro.ogg
clearly has errors in both cases but never prints a "first frame is not
keyframe" warning.
Seriously, how tf is one supposed to fix anything if things are
obviously broken in every possible way everywhere already...

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger