[FFmpeg-devel] [WWW-PATCH] donation for snow

Lars Täuber lars.taeuber
Tue Dec 2 19:29:35 CET 2008

Good evening Luca and all the others,

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 16:27:26 +0000 Luca Abeni <lucabe72 at email.it> wrote:
> I hate to say this, but... I am giving up. I have a patch (see attach)
> that compiles and does not crash, but badly breaks snow decoding. With
> my current (mis)understanding of snow.c, I am not able to see why this
> patch does not work (maybe there is just a small mistake, or maybe the
> patch is completely wrong - this is why I am posting it: perhaps someone
> can point out my error).
> So, I have to better study the code (and the theory behind it), but this
> will require much time (and I will not have much spare time in the next
> weeks)... This is why I am giving up :(

I'm sad to read such lines, but I understand you. Doing snow lonesome seems joyless.
This is the time to withdraw the donation. It's sad.
I'll support every effort in doing a new, modern and open video codec with unnecessary bells and whistles. My means are limited (monetary and intellectual) but I'll try my best.

Please do someone apply the attached patch to the index.html of the web site.
Thanks again for every one who tried. I'll stay here as a listener for the next time.

I love this project.

Best regards to all of you.
Lars