[FFmpeg-devel] Increase robustness of h.264b decoder

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Dec 8 11:44:09 CET 2008

On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 07:49:01AM +0100, Erik Kaashoek wrote:
> Please be gentle as this is my first post
>
> By inserting the return -1; statement in the h264.c file as shown below the
> decoder becomes much more robust against crashing

this change is rejected (its just wrong, like placing an abort() before
code with a bug instead of fixing the bug)
a proper bugreport on our tracker is welcome (see bugreports.html)

Its not that you shouldnt use gotos but rather that you should write
readable code and code with gotos often but not always is less readable