[FFmpeg-devel] _t POSIX namespace issues

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari
Thu Dec 11 10:57:14 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 1:38 AM, M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com> wrote:
> "Jason Garrett-Glaser" <darkshikari at gmail.com> writes:
>
>>> Jason Garrett-Glaser:
>>> libavcodec/libx264.c:    x264_nal_t *nal;
>>> libavcodec/libx264.c:    x264_param_t params;
>>> libavcodec/libx264.c:    x264_picture_t pic;
>>
>> Are you suggesting that we change the x264 API because of this?
>>
>> Because those structs are defined in x264.h itself, not in libavcodec.
>
> Are you suggesting x264 is above the law?

No, I'm suggesting that you're going to have to convince Loren that
it's worth breaking API compatibility to "fix" something that I
couldn't care less about if I tried.

Plus, you went on to say in your next email:

> Those are probably defined by the xvid headers.  Not much we can do about that.

What, is xvid above the law, while x264 isn't?

Dark Shikari