[FFmpeg-devel] _t POSIX namespace issues

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Dec 11 20:03:36 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 09:31:43AM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> So names ending in _t are reserved by POSIX.  Nonetheless we have tons
> of them.  I thought about fixing these issues myself, but coming up with
> good new names is tedious, so I propose to have each maintainer address
> the problem in the files they maintain.  Here is a the result of a grep
> for problematic names with maintainers, in no particular order:

[...]

> Michael Niedermayer:

> libavcodec/h263.c:        if(qp_t)

does the _t reservation also include local variable names?

> libavcodec/libxvid_rc.c:    xvid_plg_create_t xvid_plg_create;
> libavcodec/libxvid_rc.c:    xvid_plg_data_t xvid_plg_data;
> libavcodec/libxvid_rc.c:    xvid_plg_destroy_t xvid_plg_destroy;

this should be forwarded to xvid-dev so they can fix it when they break
compatiility nex time

> libavcodec/snow.c:} dwt_compose_t;
> libavcodec/huffyuv.c:} heap_elem_t;

will fix though this is not my fault it seems:

 4040     lorenm } dwt_compose_t;
 9069     lorenm } heap_elem_t;

> libavformat/nutenc.c:static void put_t(NUTContext *nut, StreamContext *nus, ByteIOContext *bc, uint64_t val){
> libavformat/nut.h:}flag_t;
> libavformat/nut.h:} syncpoint_t;

fixed

> libavformat/nut.h:} StreamContext;// maybe s/StreamContext/streamcontext_t/

darn, its reserved in comments too ;(

> libavformat/nuv.c:} frametype_t;

hmm, i do not maintain this nor am i listed as maintainer for it, you are
reading and writing too quickly ...

> libpostproc/postprocess.h:typedef void pp_context_t;
> libpostproc/postprocess.h:typedef void pp_mode_t;
> libpostproc/postprocess.h:void pp_free_context(pp_context_t *ppContext);
> libpostproc/postprocess.h:void pp_free_mode(pp_mode_t *mode);

should i fix these or are you working on them ?

> libswscale/yuv2rgb_bfin.c:                            ltransform_t lcscf, int rgb, int masks)
> libswscale/yuv2rgb_bfin.c:typedef void (* ltransform_t)(uint8_t *Y, uint8_t *U, uint8_t *V, uint8_t *out,

i dont maintain *_bfin, i dont even know _bfin asm nor could i test bfin
due to not having a bfin

In a rich man's house there is no place to spit but his face.
-- Diogenes of Sinope