[FFmpeg-devel] Start at arbitrary locations

compn tempn
Fri Dec 12 06:16:30 CET 2008

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 23:48:34 -0500, Bobby Bingham wrote:
>On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 20:04:13 -0800
>Mike Melanson <mike at multimedia.cx> wrote:
>> FFmpeg has the -t option to specify how many seconds should be read
>> from an input file. But I can't find an option to specify a number of
>> seconds to skip at the beginning before processing the input. Is
>> there such an option?
>> I know this may sound like an ffmpeg-user question. But I ask it here
>> because A) I'm special; and B) if there is no option, are there major
>> technical limitations to implementing it? I might be willing to
>> expend the effort.
>> Thanks...
>$ ffmpeg 2> /dev/null | grep time | head -n 1
>-ss time_off        set the start time offset

i was thinking of starting a glossary in mplayer docs.
some people search for 'seek', others search for 'fast forward'.
they may miss the correct option if they dont use the word that we

anyone have a suggestion of how to implement it?