[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] When to bump micro?

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Sun Dec 14 15:18:43 CET 2008

Hi all,

not a fundamental question but yet I think it is worth a response, which
I cannot find in the docs.

As a rule of thumb I bump it when I'm changing the behaviour of some
_public_ function, *or* I want to mark some difference which doesn't
change the API (so doesn't require a minor bump) but still is worth to
be detected by a version check (e.g. I used it in the recent
av_log_missing_feature -> ff_log_missing_feature).

Is this criterion valid?

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Forgiving & Frenzy MultiPurpose Enhancing Gospel