[FFmpeg-devel] DV regression tests broken on PowerPC

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sun Dec 14 19:24:54 CET 2008

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 03:06:51PM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 01:54:11PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > I haven't yet figured out which revision broke it, but I figured I might
> > as well raise the subject right away:
>
> I'm quite sure it is broken since at least several months.
> I think it is the DV encoder that has problems, but something very
> minor...

I used
ffmpeg -i tests/data/a-dv.dv -f image2 -an -vcodec copy a-dv-x86-%06d.frm
to extract the reference test files by single frames, they all differ
from byte 7000 - 9000 on as far as I tested.
Since the mail with these attached was a bit too big for this list, here
are the first frame of both:
http://natsuki.mplayerhq.hu/~reimar/a-dv-ppc-000001.frm.bz2
http://natsuki.mplayerhq.hu/~reimar/a-dv-x86-000001.frm.bz2

x86 is the one passing regression tests.