[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] libavfilter-soc and variable-frame-size video streams

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Dec 25 18:18:13 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 10:30:23AM +0100, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Saturday 2008-12-13 23:07:21 +0100, Erik Kaashoek encoded:
> > Stefano Sabatini schreef:
> > > On date Saturday 2008-12-13 17:27:12 +0100, Erik Kaashoek encoded:

> > > Yes, this would be useful for testing.
> > >
> > > Please upload it to the MPlayer samples archive and let us know the
> > > name of it:
> > > http://ffmpeg.mplayerhq.hu/bugreports.html
> > >
> > > Regards.
> > >
> > Its uploading to resolution_change
>
> I found the file
> MPEG2/res_change_ffmpeg_aspect.ts
>
> which is effectively a file with variable size, but I cannot find any
> file named resolution_change.*.
>
> Can someone provide another one (or describe some method to create
> such samples)?

cat file1 file2 > file3
should work with mpeg-ps/ts/ and raw, and that can contain mpeg-1/2/4
H261,H263,H264
such res changes though may or may not be allowed by the standards and
it likely will cause ffmpeg to blow up but the decoder should be able
to handle it. And as long as some scale filter removes the res change
ffmpeg should have no problem either ...

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
-- Aristotle