[FFmpeg-devel] Hardware decoding of 35Mb AVCHD streams

Jean-Michel Pouré jm
Sat Dec 27 13:49:53 CET 2008

On Sat, 2008-12-27 at 13:32 +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:

> Note that there is no patch for hardware decoding in FFmpeg, there is
> only one to skip most decoding steps and export the mostly-encoded
> data,
> which is then _decoded for display_ in _MPlayer_.

This is probably what we need in MLT for Kdenlive. This requires work in
MLT. We need "dirty" and "fast" decoding for display during video
editing. Final rendering is sofware driven only.

Kind regards, Jean-Michel