[FFmpeg-devel] lavfi noise generator

Vitor Sessak vitor1001
Mon Dec 29 12:06:20 CET 2008

Hi, and thank you for working with lavfi!

Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Monday 2008-12-29 00:52:18 +0100, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
>> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 12:25:02AM +0100, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> no Michael I'm not posting it for you or others to review it, I'm just
>> no but i reject it anyway
>> your code is crap, sorry
>>
>> People didnt want to port libmpcodecs when i suggested it, i dont mind
>> this at all, libmpcodecs has its serious issues but this does not mean i
>> will accept code that is inferrior than it.
>>
>> vf_noise.c should be MUCH faster than your code.
>
> I'm aware of the speed issues, but that wasn't the point of it, I
> didn't intended it as something ready for production use either
> inclusion in SVN, but just as a working example, since we currently
> lack examples besides the other things and the noise generator is
> a good candidate due to its intrinsic simplicity.

Indeed, we are lacking good examples of filters in the SoC tree. But
exactly for this reason, I think vf_noise.c should fill one slice at a
time to give the good example. After this is done, IMO it is welcome to
soc svn, at least to serve as a template.

-Vitor