[FFmpeg-devel] Exporting extradatatopsets() and extradatatoconfig()

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Tue Dec 30 11:17:16 CET 2008

Hi Brian,

On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 02:09 +0300, Brian Marete wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Regarding the functions in $subject found in sdp.c, it may be
> convenient for them to be used on their own, for example when one is
> using a 3rd party RTSP/RTP library and they want that or themselves to
> construct the SDP.

I am not sure if exporting things like extradatatopsets() or similar is
a good idea... In theory, everything you need should be already provided
by avf_sdp_create() - if you have problems with it, let me know and I'll
try to address them.

All the functions in sdp.c have been developed with code reuse in mind,
but I think the idea was that if you need something lower level than
avf_sdp_create() you can just copy that code in your program (linking
libav* just for using something like extradatatopsets() seems
overkilling).

Anyway, if other people are ok with exporting the two functions
mentioned above I will not object (but the functions must be renamed -
and maybe moved in a different file).

				Luca