[FFmpeg-devel] libavcodec h263 h263p version and profiles
Fri Feb 1 10:27:55 CET 2008
Hi all on the lists, I don't know if this is the right list, but I have
written also on libav-user at mplayerhq.hu and ffmpeg-user at mplayerhq.hu but
no one has replied.
So my question is, what is the versions of the h263 codec used on
Reading this document http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-H.263-200501-I/en)
(the ITU Recommendation H.263), I have understood that exists many
different h263 codecs.
They are differentiated by a version and a profile.
- Baseline - X.2.1 The Baseline Profile (Profile 0) [Pag 200 of the
- Version 2 Profile 1 - X.2.2 H.320 Coding Efficiency Version 2
Backward-Compatibility Profile (Profile 1) [Pag 200 of the document]
- Version 1 Profile 2 - X.2.3 Version 1 Backward-Compatibility Profile
(Profile 2) [Pag 201 of the document]
- Version 2 Profile 3 - X.2.4 Version 2 Interactive and Streaming
Wireless Profile (Profile 3) [Pag 202 of the document]
- Version 3 Profile 4 - X.2.5 Version 3 Interactive and Streaming
Wireless Profile (Profile 4) [Pag 202 of the document]
- Profile 5 - X.2.6 Conversational High Compression Profile (Profile 5)
Avcodec and ffmpeg permits the use of 2 different h263 codec the "h263"
Any one knows what profile and version of the previous document
corresponds to "h263" and "h263p" in avcodec?
Thanks a lot in advance for any hint.
More information about the ffmpeg-devel