[FFmpeg-devel] How to handle compiler warnings

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik
Mon Feb 4 01:23:59 CET 2008

On Monday, 04 February 2008 at 00:18, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
[...]
> The sense behind warnings is to point to potential bugs or code with bad
> style. If a type of warning would always point to correct and clean code, that
> warning should be disabled not the code changed.
> Thus the remaining warnings could point to bugs or correct code. First one has
> to find out which of the 2 it is. If it is a bug, the bug should be fixed. If
> it is correct code, it should be changed so it does not generate a warning
> unless that causes a slowdown or obfuscates the code.

Wow. Forgive the off-topic, but wow. Is this really something Michael wrote?
Whatever it is you're doing, Michael, keep it up. ;)

Regards,
R.

PS. Though I suspect Michael has simply coded a grammar checker into his MUA. ;)

--
MPlayer developer and RPMs maintainer: http://mplayerhq.hu http://rpm.livna.org
oppression to develop psychic muscles.