[FFmpeg-devel] first experience with ffmpeg
Sun Feb 17 09:04:28 CET 2008
On 2/16/08, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh at mimosa.com> wrote:
> | From: Stefano Sabatini <stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it>
> | > $ ffmpeg -v 9 -ss 00:23:44 -t 00:09:15 -i 2008.02.11-19.28.wma don.mp3
> | > FFmpeg version SVN-r8876, Copyright (c) 2000-2007 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
> | ^^^^^^^^^
> | > configuration: --prefix=/usr --incdir=/usr/include/ffmpeg --libdir=/usr/lib64 --shlibdir=/usr/lib64 --mandir=/usr/share/man --arch=x86_64 --extra-cflags=-O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libogg --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libfaad --enable-libfaac --enable-libgsm --enable-xvid --enable-x264 --enable-liba52 --enable-liba52bin --enable-libdts --enable-pp --enable-pthreads --disable-static --enable-shared --enable-gpl --disable-debug --disable-opts --disable-strip
> | > libavutil version: 49.4.0
> | > libavcodec version: 51.40.4
> | > libavformat version: 51.12.1
> | > built on May 3 2007 12:41:19, gcc: 4.1.2 20070424 (Red Hat 4.1.2-11)
> | Really ancient version acccording to the ffmpeg standards. Retry with
> | the newest and greatest, maybe that has been fixed.
> OK. I've done these tests with a newer version:
> FFmpeg version SVN-r11518, Copyright (c) 2000-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
> configuration: --prefix=/usr --incdir=/usr/include/ffmpeg --libdir=/usr/lib64 --shlibdir=/usr/lib64 --mandir=/usr/share/man --arch=x86_64 --extra-cflags=-O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic --enable-libdc1394 --enable-liba52 --enable-libfaac --enable-libfaad --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libxvid --enable-libx264 --enable-pp --enable-swscaler --enable-pthreads --disable-static --enable-shared --enable-gpl --disable-debug --disable-optimizations --disable-strip
> libavutil version: 49.6.0
> libavcodec version: 51.49.0
> libavformat version: 52.3.0
> libavdevice version: 52.0.0
> built on Feb 16 2008 17:54:52, gcc: 4.1.2 20070925 (Red Hat 4.1.2-27)
> I got this version as a Source RPM from livna's development repository.
> With a bit of playing around, I got it to build and install on my
> Fedora 7 x86_64 system.
> Thanks, Rathann, for maintaining these rpms on Livna and for helping
> me on #livna.
> ===> Rathann: would you consider moving these from development to
> I've done some testing. Some things worked better. For example, the
> time-based extraction from the raw captured file worked. Last time, a
> "null transcode" (-acodec copy) needed to be done first to have this work.
> But after a time-based extraction (-ss and -t), the Play Duration and
> Send Duration tags, as reported by exiftool, are wrong. This confuses
> my Zen V -- it thinks that the file contains 0 seconds of material.
> It can play them but fast forward does not work.
> If I subject the extracted file to a null transformation, the
> Durations are corrected. Then the file works properly on the Zen V.
> This seems like a bug in ffmpeg.
> ===> extraction should result in a file with correct Durations. Null
> transcoding should not be required.
> I did a little bit of experimenting. The -album flag did not seem to
> make a difference in the .wma file. At least not one that exiftool
> detected. -author and -title did. Is this just the nature of .wma /
> ===> -album ought to be fixed for .wma / .asf OR documented in the
> manpage as not being applicable
> ffmpeg-devel mailing list
> ffmpeg-devel at mplayerhq.hu
Just a friendly reminder that your post is better suited to the
ffmpeg-user mailing list than the dev list.
More information about the ffmpeg-devel