[FFmpeg-devel] av_read_frame leaks memory when reading mjpeg/http stream

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Feb 20 04:25:40 CET 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 07:17:40PM -0700, Zhang Hao wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>   I'm using Martin's demo to grab images from an Axis video server.  I found
> out av_read_frame were leaking memory on mjpeg/http stream, but not on
> mpeg4/rtsp stream.
>
>   To mjpeg videos files on local hard drive, av_read_frame works very well
> on files with extension of avi, but leaks memory on files with extension of
> mjpeg.
>
>   Anybody has similar experimence?

You forgot to attach a patch fixing the problem you describe.
If you didnt forgot then you are posting to the wrong mailing list.

Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being
governed by those who are dumber. -- Plato