[FFmpeg-devel] new open source h.264 source

Måns Rullgård mans
Wed Feb 20 23:26:03 CET 2008

"mark cox" <melbournemark+ffmpeg at gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 9:04 AM, mark cox
> <melbournemark+ffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:
>> From phoronix web site http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=NjM0MQ
>>  AMD Opens Up Their Performance Library
>>  Posted by Michael Larabel on February 20, 2008
>>   The AMD Performance Library / Framewave covers a multitude of
>>  operations from simple math operations to media processing and
>>  optimizations for multi-core environments. Among the supported
>>  operations are H.264 video decoding. The Framewave project is housed
>>  over at SourceForge and at the AMD Developer Center.
>>  http://framewave.sourceforge.net/
>>  ...svn co https://framewave.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/framewave/trunk framewavet
> ~/svn$ svn co https://framewave.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/framewave/trunk
> framewave
> ~/svn/framewave/trunk/Framewave/domain/fwVideo/src$ ls -1
> fwVideo.cpp
> H264-CAVLC.cpp
> H264-Deblock.cpp
> H264-InterPredict.cpp
> H264-IntraPredict.cpp
> H264-MBrecon.cpp
> H264-Transform.cpp
> HuffmanTableInitAlloc.cpp
> InvQuant.cpp
> MC.cpp
> ME.cpp
> ReconstructDCTBlock.cpp

Ugh.  I guess the first task would be to de-C++ that code.  Or perhaps
it's a not-so-subtle clue that this package is a waste of time.  After
all, any sane person would have made this a C library, not C++.

Has anyone seen any benchmarks of this code.  The sourceforge server
is down as usual... BTW, what reputable company chooses to host
something on sourceforge?

M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com