[FFmpeg-devel] new open source h.264 source

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Feb 21 03:53:39 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 06:18:27PM -0800, John Kelley wrote:

> It *might* be worth responding to AMD with some *constructive*
> criticisms, they may actually put some manpower into improving it. It
> would be worth a shot anyway.

Try to clip the irrelevant parts of messages you reply to please!

And heres some constructive critism:
Please dear AMD go and read our patch submission guide and follow it :)
That would vastly simplify our work (C++, intrinsics (even with nonsense
variable names), not unified diffs, not lgpl)
Also dont forget benchmarks

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad
people will find a way around the laws. -- Plato