[FFmpeg-devel] [Hardware Accelerator for Video and Audio]

kenye ye kenyeby
Thu Feb 21 04:00:16 CET 2008

> Just for clarification ...
> Will this be a PCIe card ? Will there be PCI versions too ?
> Does it provide video output ?

   Would you describe which is ways  what you want,  how it works ?
   That will help us to decide PCIe  or USB  version, which is the first
one.
   In our opinion, USB version would be better in first stage becasue it is
more popular.
   Yes,  It will provide video output.

In other words, will it be used as an hardware accelerator, hence you
> send it some stream, it decodes it and give it back to you and then
> you're in charge of providing the result to the video card ?
> Or will it also handle the video display ?

  It will handle video display in first stage. we try to accelerate more
actions.
  Do you need to handle the output ?

> I'd personnally be much more interested in the first approach.
> That's also the approach taken by VaAPI IIRC.

   What is  VaAPI IIRC ?