[FFmpeg-devel] [Hardware Accelerator for Video and Audio]

kenye ye kenyeby
Thu Feb 21 04:11:15 CET 2008

On 2/21/08, Andreas Setterlind <gamester17 at xboxmediacenter.com> wrote:

> Another new question; will your video accelerator processor chip be
> software programmable? I mean in a way similar to how you can write
> custom pixel shaders, OpenGL Shading Language (GLSL, a.k.a. GLslang),
> and Cg (C for Graphics) can do many different things on a GPU that it
> may not have been hardcoded for, (I am thinking of example running
> video post-processing filters, such as sharpen, blurring, denoising,
> deringing, requantization, etc. after the normal video decoding
> process).

  Do you need a GPU-like accelerator ? Why ?
  In first stage,  our design only can deal with decode/encode  video.
  Video processing would be another stage.

On 2/20/08, kenye ye <kenyeby at gmail.com> wrote:
> > define what you expect and want to accelerate.   [ ...]

   The items will be discussed in our internal meeting.
   Basically, I agree with you.

I think that of all of those CABAC decoding/encoding will get the most
> benefit

   I agree,  we will add it in.