[FFmpeg-devel] XBMC - another project using FFmpeg

Andreas Setterlind gamester17
Fri Feb 22 15:58:28 CET 2008

On 2/22/08, Benjamin Zores <ben at geexbox.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 1:01 PM, Andreas Setterlind
> <gamester17 at xboxmediacenter.com> wrote:
>
> >  2002, XBMC has since been ported (using SDL and OpenGL) to also run
> >  naively under Linux, Mac OS X, and Microsoft Windows operating-system.
>
> Naively or natively ?

You just got to love how some people make newcomers feel welcomed :P
...but I guess from your GeeXboX e-mail domain that your are 'the
competition' so I assume that your opinion could be interpreted as
being more than just a little subjective, hehe ;)  ...google "geekbox"
and see the first top result :o)

I of course meant natively, ...however, that is if you could consider
any SDL based application a native application :) We choose SDL for
its cross-portability capabilities. More on the XBMC for Linux port
here if you really are interested:
http://xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Linux_port_project

There is noting wrong with a little friendly competition :D Best
regards / Andreas

--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"
Adam Savage, MythBusters