[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] drop support for using libav* compiled with mingw/cygwin in msvc

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux
Mon Feb 25 14:38:03 CET 2008

Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> r12154 has as it seems broken the in the past supported use of
>> mingw/cygwin compiled libav* in msvc. Also the change has increased
>> code complexity and size. I was already mildly against this change
>> before it was commited though i left it to mans to decide. Now as it
>> breaks use of libav* under msvc iam more strongly against it ...
>>
>> Anyway, my vote is to revert it. Theres no advantage in this commit and
>> it breaks what was supported and also documented as such in the docs.

If "agree with revert" means "agree with continuing support for using
libav* compiled with mingw/cygwin in msvc", then I agree with reverting.

--
Michel Bardiaux
R&D Director
E mailto:mbardiaux at mediaxim.be