[FFmpeg-devel] Google Summer of Code 2008

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Tue Feb 26 11:12:42 CET 2008

Hi,

Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> Google have announced SoC 2008 (http://code.google.com/soc/2008) .
> FFmpeg will apply as a mentoring organization, Mike is tuning the
> application as we speak. What we need now is a list of good projects and
> qualification tasks.

Some possible qualification tasks can be:
- Implement some currently unsupported RTP packetization (and demuxing)
   For example, H.263 or H.261 video, some audio codecs used in SIP conferences,
   vorbis, H.264 SVC ...
- Implement a wrapper for libnemesi
- Fix the RTP demuxing code (not sure if it can be fixed, or if it should be
   rewritten from scratch - in the second case, maybe this can be a whole SoS
   project?)

				Luca