[FFmpeg-devel] FreeBSD libamr.c block_size error

John J Fitzgerald jjfitzgerald
Tue Feb 26 20:19:53 CET 2008

Hi everyone,

New to the list here, but been an ffmpeg user for awhile. I just grabbed the
latest snapshot and when compiling on FreeBSD, a problem comes when
gmake'ing with --enable-libamr-wb:

libamr.c: In function `amr_wb_decode_frame':
libamr.c:666: error: `block_size' undeclared (first use in this function)
libamr.c:666: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
libamr.c:666: error: for each function it appears in.)

It was a problem when I first compiled a year ago and I fixed it for mine at
the time, but forgot to let other people know then, so I am now, since it's
still a problem. So, this can be fixed by adding:

static short block_size[16]={ 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 26, 31, 5, 0, 0, 0, 0,
0, 0, 0 };

on line 665 of libavcodec/libamr.c. Can this be incorporated into the next
nightly snapshot, etc? I hope I've got this right.

Best,

JJ