[FFmpeg-devel] OSX Leopard MMX Support - Clarification ?

GizmoSDK gizmo_video
Wed Feb 27 19:33:32 CET 2008

26 feb 2008 kl. 23.24 skrev Diego Biurrun:

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 10:09:00PM +0100, GizmoSDK wrote:
>> Is the FFMPeg project going to solve the mmx issue with leopard or
>> will they require Apple to fix the compiler ?
>
> Most likely the latter.  Besides, I don't remember any real attempt to
> solve the issue in another way.
>
> Do you know if Apple is already aware of the problem?

Don't know really. I think that if the strategy for the FFMPeg is to
create a platform independent API, they need to contact Apple to solve
this problem and to have a development strategy to have equal or
uniform feature and function between different platforms.

It's no use in developing a toolkit for multiple platforms if the
feature and function differs a lot.

As the implementation is now, the function on Leopard is far from
acceptable and must be considered as a low priority platform and that
is the decision made by the FFMPeg developers.

My guess is that Apple would be interested in solving this issue with
the FFMPeg community.

/Anders Mod?n