[FFmpeg-devel] [qt-faststart] Ever get "could not allocate 0x14 byte for ftyp atom"?

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Thu Feb 28 11:41:21 CET 2008

Hi,

Bjoern Metzdorf wrote:
> Kevin Campbell <kevin.t.campbell <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am checking with people to see if anyone has ever gotten this error after
>> running qt-faststart.  I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out what
>> the problem may be and wondered if anyone knew of a starting point.  I'll
>> take anything!
>>
>> *Error:*
>> *could not allocate 0x14 byte for ftyp atom*
>
> Same problem here. Input mp4 is 40M big and qt-faststart takes all memory of the
> machine and seems to run out of it then.. I tried nearly all revisions of
> qt-faststart. r5169 instantly fails on my mp4 and from r5170 on this error
> occurs after a while when memory is full.

Well, if you send the sample, mabye someone could have a look.

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312