[FFmpeg-devel] new open source h.264 source

Francois Oligny-Lemieux eucloid
Fri Feb 29 20:18:12 CET 2008

On 2/20/08, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> Speaking of deblocking, our filter_mb_fast() is buggy it butchers some of
> the reference streams. Iam just mentioning that before someone wastes time
> optimizing buggy code ... he should fix it first :)
>
> [...]

Last week I found out when I decode a stream with high gop size (300) +
deblocking filter on + MBAFF, I get some blocky artefacts on the decoded
picture (when using ffmpeg to decode). If I turn off MBAFF it works fine. If
I turn off deblocking it works fine. Using JM12.2 as a reference decoder
shows that the original stream can be decoded successfully without
artefacts.

Do you think it's the same problem as in the filter_mb_fast() ? Most of the
code in filter_mb_fast is about non-MBAFF.

Any hint how to debug this? I'm trying to see if the lastest ffmpeg svn has
this problem but I can't decode my h.264 file to .yuv (see below)

I can supply a sample .ts file if needed or .264 annex b.

BTW I know this is user related question, but when building ffmpeg as-is
from svn with cygwin, I cannot get to take h264 .ts nor .264 files and
output .yuv files, it responds with:

[rawvideo @ 0x7606f0]dimensions not set.
Could not write header for output file #0

Is it my build that's corrupted or this is expected ?

Thanks,
Francois