[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Seeking in PVA files

Ivo ivop
Sat Jan 5 22:06:43 CET 2008

On Saturday 05 January 2008 21:20, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 05, 2008 at 08:23:25PM +0100, Ivo wrote:
> >      st->codec->codec_type = CODEC_TYPE_AUDIO;
> > -    st->codec->codec_id   = CODEC_ID_MP3;
> > +    st->codec->codec_id   = CODEC_ID_MP2;
> >      st->need_parsing      = AVSTREAM_PARSE_HEADERS;
>
> seperate patch/commit!

Yes. That's what I meant by 'applying in several confined steps' :)

> and there is no check for streamid being valid

Yes, that's a bug. I'll fix it.

> you should parse all streams and use av_add_index_entry() even if the
> specific stream hasnt been requested

Ok, will do that.

> also cant more code be factored with pva_read_packet() ?
> this looks somewhat similar
> if so you might even avoid the need for some of the new functions

Yes, it has some similarities. At first I wanted to call pva_read_packet,
but if I do that, it will print a bunch of errors/warnings if *pos is not
aligned yet. But I'll have another go at it.

--Ivo