[FFmpeg-devel] Shared libs under mingw32

Víctor Paesa wzrlpy
Tue Jan 8 14:31:30 CET 2008

Gonzalo Garramu?o
> M??ns Rullg??rd wrote:
>>> Otherwise, it becomes impossible to know what's the DLL that
>>> corresponds to a certain .lib file.
>> This is intentional.
> With the intention being what?
> I ask again: how do you determine the correct DLL from the LIB file or
> executable?  For distribution of my executable, I need to know the DLL I
>  am linking against to also distribute it.  mingw (and windows in
> general) lacks any sort of ldd command.

The closest thing to ldd that I know of is the cygcheck.exe that comes
with Cygwin.
It is a native Windows program so you can run it stright at the CMD.EXE
command line.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>cygcheck .\write.exe

You may downloaded it bundled with the cygwin base package.