[FFmpeg-devel] Behaviour of liba52 decoder

Thorsten Jordan tjordan
Fri Jan 11 08:36:50 CET 2008

M?ns Rullg?rd schrieb:
> Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> writes:
>>> this would be ok if one could demand that full frames are given always.
>> All lavc decoders are entitled to assume this.
> I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the fact that we now have a native
> AC3 decoder, so there is no longer any need for the liba52 wrapper.
> Is there some reason I'm missing why it's still there?

is the native decoder "ready" now, that means as feature-complete as
liba52 and reliable as well? I don't want to offend anyone with these
questions, but i used liba52 for 3 years now and it has proven to be

Greetings, Thorsten