[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Runtime-inited versus Hardcoded tables.

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Fri Jan 11 21:47:21 CET 2008

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 09:29:58PM +0100, Diego 'Flameeyes' Petten? wrote:
> Instead of adding the init code in foo.c and the hardcoded tables in
> foo_data.h (added to SVN), we could move the runtime-generated tables in
> foo_tables.c, with an #ifdef TABLEGEN for a function that actually
> generates the table.
> At build time, the Makefile could be compiling foo_tables.c in
> foo-tablegen and then run it to generate foo_data.h.

Code like this is basically already there in libavutil/des.c (though I
named the ifdef GENTABLES and it also needs TEST to be defined),
basically someone would have to implement the Makefile stuff for that...

Reimar D?ffinger