[FFmpeg-devel] How to write frames in a memory buffer, instead of a file?

Cristiano Belloni belloni
Wed Jan 16 11:00:41 CET 2008

Hi to all,

I'm using ffmpeg to encode H263 and MPEG4 videos.

I take frames from a shared memory buffer, and encode them in a file,
opening it with the url_fopen() function, and writing on it with
av_write_frame() after the avcodec_encode_video() call.

As I' m streaming rtp packets with live555, I'd like to know if it's
possible to store in a memory buffer the frame I would write on the file
with the av_write_frame() function I use now.

And if it's possible, how do you do it? (which functions of the API do
you use, and how?)

Thanks to you all,

Regards,

Cristiano.