[FFmpeg-devel] patch for DCA "floating point output" option

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Jan 19 02:53:14 CET 2008

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 01:36:50PM +0100, madshi wrote:
> Not sure whether the DCA maintainers will like this patch. But maybe they
> will, so I'm posting it here just in case.
> This patch adds optional floating point output to the DCA decoder. This
> optional feature must be enabled at compile time by adding the following
> switch to config.h:
> I'm using this solution in my eac3to tool because 16bit PCM just doesn't
> cut it for a good audio transcoding tool. The idea for this option comes
>> from the MLP/TrueHD decoder which offers a similar feature.

> +                samples[k] = s->samples[j + k * 256] / 32768.0f;

isnt there a more efficient way than to scale each individual sample?

besides this, the patch looks good

I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know
nothing. -- Socrates