[FFmpeg-devel] switching to git - eventually?

Attila Kinali attila
Tue Jan 22 17:07:51 CET 2008

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 00:47:03 +0100
Aurelien Jacobs <aurel at gnuage.org> wrote:

> Giving all users an ssh account with a restricted shell (which only
> allows running git) shouldn't be a problem, security-wise.
> And it should be pretty easy to setup. I don't know git well enough,
> but Mercurial comes with such a specific restricted shell. It seems
> gitosis allows something similar but with only one user account.

I'm against this sollution. We had something like this on mphq1
and it created a whole mess of user and permission management.

If we have something that gives access outside the normal user
structure, then it should be completely seperated from the
system users.

			Attila Kinali

                         -- Deed of Morred