[FFmpeg-devel] Filtering clueless-user spam from the lists

Mike Melanson mike
Wed Jan 23 01:38:56 CET 2008

Rich Felker wrote:
> I'm wondering if we could implement a few idiot-proofing filters for
> the ffmpeg lists to keep annoyances down. Some ideas to auto-reject:
>
> - Mail cross-posted to more than one ffmpeg list
>   (annoying user questions cross-posted to devel list)
>
> - Mail with Re: in subject but no In-Reply-To: header
>   (broken threading)
>
> - Mail without Re: in subject but containing In-Reply-To: header
>   (thread hijacking)
>
> All of these are trivial procmail recipes.

For my part, I have been wondering if my mail client of choice (Mozilla
Thunderbird) can create message templates as I have read about on
occasion. This would at least make it easier to redirect such user spam.

--
	-Mike Melanson