[FFmpeg-devel] Filtering clueless-user spam from the lists

Diego Biurrun diego
Thu Jan 24 11:45:41 CET 2008

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 07:43:35PM -0500, Rich Felker wrote:
> I'm wondering if we could implement a few idiot-proofing filters for
> the ffmpeg lists to keep annoyances down. Some ideas to auto-reject:
> - Mail cross-posted to more than one ffmpeg list
>   (annoying user questions cross-posted to devel list)
> - Mail with Re: in subject but no In-Reply-To: header
>   (broken threading)
> - Mail without Re: in subject but containing In-Reply-To: header
>   (thread hijacking)
> All of these are trivial procmail recipes.

What would already help I think is if we put our etiquette rules in
writing and sent it out as a welcome message and/or a weekly reminder.
Something along the lines of

Offenders could get unsubscribed by the bastard mailing list operators ;)