[FFmpeg-devel] regression - mpeg2 interlace/topfield flags not set anymore

Trent Piepho xyzzy
Sun Jan 27 19:02:54 CET 2008

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008, christophelorenz wrote:
> Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
>

> >Sorry, this is a patch that actually compiles. No idea if it works
> >though, I am not running a broken os right now :-P
> >

> Yes ! compiled 11629 with patch and it works as expected ;-)
>
> I read that solaris also has problems with hex in strtod... so win32 is
> not the only faulty os ;-) (for a change)

It's no so much a broken or faulty OS in this case, but an older standard.
C89 didn't have strtod() parsing hex.  It was added in C99.  Note that
octal was something else that was added to strtod() in C99.  strtod("011")
should have the value 11.0 under C89, but be 9.0 under C99.