[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] replace some static with asm_visibility or so

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Jan 28 10:15:56 CET 2008

On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 04:31:07AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 01:59:05AM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> >
> > Let's just get one thing straight: FFmpeg != you.
>
> I did not claim this, but ffmpeg is even less you. Still you threaten
> to make decissions about ffmpegs developers based on what you think
> is best or what you think is a consensus amongth the active developers.
> Why is it that you think that your oppinion about a consensus amongth
> the active developers is better than the ffmpeg maintainers oppionion
> about a consensus amongth the active developers?
> After all ive not acted against the oppinon of the majority ever
> still you repeatly emphasize that you wont listen to me.

That is not true, you act according to your own best judgement,
regardless of where the majority lies.

Note that I do not expect you to act according to majority opinion
(whatever that may be) but if you think you do, you are mistaken.

> > Do not get me wrong; your contributions over the years have been of
> > value.  That does not, however, give you exclusive rights to FFmpeg,
> > and it certainly does not allow you to bully other developers.
>
> I do not bully anyone.

That is not true, you are a bully.

For example, you have been bullying me at every opportunity ever since I
dared stand up to you because of your refusal to improve your spelling.
Afterwards it seemed like you were trying your very best to make sure I
regretted standing up to you.

You have bullied Andreas ?man after he made another attempt at
resurrecting the AAC decoder, threatening to revoke his account.
He made a good faith attempt to do the right thing, now he is
discouraged from further working on it.

More examples could be found, but that's beside the point.  You may not
feel like you're a bully, but I can assure you that the people on the
receiving end feel different and that few people dare stand up to you.

> > If you feel that getting along with other people is too much of a
> > burden for you, I will not, and cannot, stop you forking FFmpeg.
>
> I have no problem at all getting along with people, i do not even have
> a problem getting along with you as developer. I have a serious problem
> getting along with root at mphq and their decissions not matching democratic
> majority, general consensus nor the maintainers oppinion sometimes.

This constant bickering against root is nonsense.  None of the roots has
ever taken such a decision.  Also, you intentionally commingle three
very different persons during your infamous root@ rants.  I fail to
understand why.

> > Just do not expect many to follow you.  That said, I sincerely hope
> > that it will not come to this.
>
> Who except me reviews patches?

Hey, I review patches all the time! ;-)

While it's true that you do most of the heavy lifting, there are a few
others that do in fact review patches even though it's mostly patches
that fall into their area.

Diego