[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] write standard stsd tags and objecttype for mp4/3gp

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Mon Jan 28 12:44:57 CET 2008

Hi

I had that in my tree since some time now anyway, and it will avoid
other people wasting their time.

This patch should do what's needed, except a few things:

- stream copying mpeg-2 removes sequence header and puts it in extradata
-> is the mpegvideo split function actually used ? Can mpeg2 be stored
in any container without seq header ?
-> -vglobal 4 makes it working but it still puts extradata, and then
extradata is written in decodec specific tag, Im pretty sure this is
should not be done.

- set correct profiles for mpeg-2.

One patch to move prefered object types to be be chosen first.
One other patch to enable muxing.

This should be open for discussion, and I hope this time it won't turn
into flamewar.

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312